LTM8040: 36V, 1A μModule LED Driver and Current Source
The LTM8040 is a fixed frequency 1A step-down DC/DC μModule regulator designed to operate as a constant current source. Internal circuitry monitors the output current to provide accurate current regulation, which is ideal for driving high current LEDs. High output current accuracy is maintained over a wide current range, from 35mA to 1A, allowing a wide dimming range over an output voltage range of 2.5V to 13V. Unique PWM circuitry allows a dimming range of 250:1, avoiding the color shift normally associated with LED current dimming.
With its wide input range of 4V to 36V, the LTM8040 regulates a broad array of power sources, from 4-cell batteries and 5V logic rails to unregulated wall transformers, lead acid batteries and distributed power supplies.
The LTM8040 is packaged in a thermally enhanced, compact (15mm × 9mm × 4.32mm) molded Land Grid Array (LGA) package suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The LTM8040 is Pb-free and RoHS compliant.
- True Color PWM Delivers Constant Color with 250:1 Dimming Ratio
- Wide Input Range: 4V to 36V
- Up to 1A LED Current
- Adjustable Control of LED Current
- High Output Current Accuracy is Maintained Over a Wide Range from 35mA to 1A
- Open LED and Short-Circuit Protection
- Grounded LED Cathode Connection
- Small Footprint (15mm × 9mm × 4.32mm) Surface Mount LGA Package