CPC9909: High Efficiency, Off-Line, High Brightness LED Driver
The CPC9909 features pulse frequency modulation (PFM) with a constant peak-current control scheme. This regulation scheme is inherently stable, allowing the driver to be operated above 50% duty cycle without open loop instability or sub-harmonic oscillations. LED dimming can be implemented by applying a small DC voltage to the LD pin, or by applying a low frequency PWM signal to the PWMD pin.
The CPC9909 is available in a standard 8-lead SOIC package and a thermally enhanced 8-lead SOIC package with an exposed thermal pad (EP).
• Flat-Panel Display RGB Backlighting
• Signage and Decorative LED Lighting
• DC/DC or AC/DC LED Driver Applications
• >90% Efficiency
• Stable Operation at >50% Duty Cycle
• Drives Multiple LEDs in Series/Parallel
• Regulated LED Current
• Linear or PWM Brightness Control Inputs
• Resistor-Programmable Minimum Off-Time
• SOIC-8 RoHS Compliant Package
• Buck or Boost Configuration
Clare's CPC9909 Evaluation Board contains all the necessary circuitry to demonstrate all the features of CPC9909 High Brightness (HB), Off-Line LED driver. The CPC9909 IC architecture includes pulse frequency modulation (PFM) with a constant peak-current control scheme. This regulation scheme is inherently stable, allowing the driver to operate above 50% duty cycle without open-loop instability or sub-harmonic oscillations. This greatly increases the number of LEDs in series that can be driven by the CPC9909 and by this Evaluation Board.