FAN5622/4/6: Linear LED Drivers with Single-Wire Digital Interface
The FAN5622, FAN5624, and FAN5626 are two-, four-, and six- channel current-sink linear LED drivers used to backlight the main LCD displays or keypads in mobile electronics, such as cellular phone handsets.
A very low dropout of 50mV allows driving LEDs without any inductors or switch capacitors. The brightness levels of the LED outputs are programmed through single-wire digital control interface. The user can program 32 linear dimming steps and turn on and off the LEDs through this interface by applying digital pulses.
The FAN562x family of linear LED drivers provides high efficiency due to the low drop-out voltage of the LED driver. Good matching between different channels of LED output is provided across the entire 32 dimming steps. These LED drivers also integrate short circuit, under-voltage, and thermal protection to ensure for a more robust solution.
The FAN5622, FAN5624, and FAN5626 are available in very small form-factor packages: 6-pin Super SOT23, 10-lead UMLP, and 10-lead MicroPak™ MLP, respectively.
- Family of Three Linear Current-Sink LED Drivers thatSupport 2, 4, or 6 LED Outputs
- Current Sink Driver for Each LED Output:
- 30mA Maximum Output Current
- 50mV Drop-out at 15mA IOUT
- Better than 3% Matching between Channels
- External RSET
- Single-Wire Digital Control Interface for EasyProgramming
- 32 Linear Steps of Dimming Control
- Less than 1μA Shut-Down Current
- Short-Circuit, Under-Voltage, and Thermal Protection
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7 to 5.5V
- Small Form-Factor Packages:
- FAN5622: 6-pin Super SOT23
- FAN5624: 10-lead 1.4x1.8x0.55mm UMLP
- FAN5626: 10-lead 1.6x2.1x0.55mm MicroPak™ MLP