FAN5341: Series Boost LED Driver with Integrated Schottky Diode and Single-Wire Digital Interface
The FAN5341 is an asynchronous constant-current LED driver capable of efficiently delivering up to 500mW to a string of up to five LEDs in series. Optimized for small form factor applications, the 1.2MHz fixed switching frequency allows the use of small chip inductors and capacitors.
The FAN5341 uses a simple single-wire digital control interface to program the brightness levels of the LEDs in 32 linear steps by applying digital pulses.
For safety, the device features integrated over-voltage, over-current, short-circuit detection, and thermal-shutdown protection. In addition, input under-voltage lockout protection is triggered if the battery voltage is too low.
The FAN5341 is available in a very low profile, small form factor 2mm x 2mm x 0.55mm 6-lead UMLP package that is green and RoHS compliant.
- Asynchronous Boost Converter
- Internal Schottky Diode
- Up to 500mW Output Power
- Drives 3 to 5 LEDs in Series
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Single-Wire Digital Control Interface to Set LED Brightness Levels
- 32 Linear Steps
- 1.2MHz Fixed Switching Frequency
- Soft-Start Capability
- Input Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Short-Circuit Detection
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD) Protection
- Low Profile 6-lead 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.55mm UMLP Package
|Part Number||# of Outputs||Current||Voltage In||Voltage Out|
|FAN5341UMPX||1||25||2.7V - 5.5V||6.2V|