CAT4134: 500 mA Dual Channel Movie/Flash LED Driver
The CAT4134 is a high power, dual channel boost converter which provides two matched LED currents. Output current levels are controlled by one of two resistors RSET or RFLASH. When the FLASH input pin is low (movie mode), RSET sets the current. When FLASH is high (flash mode), the resistor RFLASH sets the LED current. Each channel drives two or three white LEDs in series and provides a regulated current to control their brightness. Input supply down to 3 V is supported, making the device ideal for Li-Ion battery applications.
High frequency low noise operation allows the device to be used with small external inductors and ceramic capacitors while still maintaining excellent efficiency. When not in use the device can be placed into a 'zero' quiescent mode via the shutdown pin.
In addition to soft-start control and current limiting, the CAT4134 include thermal shutdown protection. A dedicated over-voltage pin (OVP) allows the user to limit the maximum LED supply voltage. The device is packaged in the 12-pad TDFN 3 mm x 3 mm.
- Dual Mode (Movie or Flash) Operation
- Independent Movie/Flash LED Current Control
- Can Drive 2, 3, 4 or 6 LEDs
- High LED Current (250 mA Max per Channel)
- Power Efficiency up to 85%
- Dual Frequency Mode 1.2 MHz and 900 kHz
- Soft−start Inrush Current
- Adjustable Over-voltage Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Operating Temperature Range −40°C to +85°C
- 12−pad TDFN 3 mm x 3 mm Package
- These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS Compliant
- Camera flash
- Flash light
- High-power white LEDs
- Digital still cameras
- Color LCD backlighting
The evaluation board contains the CAT4134 in a typical application circuit, driving up to two strings of three white LEDs, camera flash in series (FL1 to FL6).
|Part Number||# of Outputs||Current||Voltage In||Voltage Out|
|CAT4134||2||250||2.8V - 4.2V||20V|