CAT4101: 1 A Constant-Current LED Driver with PWM Dimming
The CAT4101 is a constant-current sink driving a string of high-brightness LEDs up to 1 A with very low dropout of 0.5 V at full load. It requires no inductor, provides a low noise operation and minimizes the number of components. The LED current is set by an external resistor connected to the RSET pin. The LED pin is compatible with high voltage up to 25 V, allowing the driving of long strings of LEDs. The device ensures an accurate and regulated current in the LEDs independent of supply and LED forward voltage variation.
The PWM/EN input allows the device shutdown and the LED brightness adjustment by using an external pulse width modulation (PWM) signal.
The driver features a thermal shutdown protection that becomes active whenever the die temperature exceeds 150°C.
The device is available in a high-power, 5-lead TO-263 package offering excellent thermal dissipation characteristics.
- Accurate 1 A Current Sink
- Up to 25 V Operation on LED Pin
- Low Dropout 500 mV at 1 A
- LED Current Set by External Resistor
- High Resolution PWM Dimming via EN/PWM
- 'Zero' Current Shutdown Mode
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- TO-263 5-lead Package
- These Devices are Pb-Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS Compliant
- High Power LED up to 1 A
- Architectural and General Lighting
- Automotive Lighting
The evaluation board contains one CAT4101 in a typical application circuit. A six pin header receptacle is available to connect strings of LED modules.
|Part Number||# of Outputs||Current||Voltage In||Voltage Out|
|CAT4101||1||1000||3V - 5.5V||25V|