NUD4001/NSVD4001: High Current LED Driver
This discrete integration technology eliminates individual components by combining them into a single package, which results in a significant reduction of both system cost and board space. The device is a small surface mount package (SO–8).
- Supplies Constant LED Current for Varying Input Voltages
- External Resistor Allows Designer to Set Current – up to 500 mA
- Offered in Surface Mount Package Technology (SO−8)
- AEC−Q101 Qualified and PPAP Capable
- NSV Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring Unique Site and Control Change Requirements
- Pb−Free Package is Available
- Maintains a Constant Light Output During Battery Drain
- One Device can be used for Many Different LED Products
- Reduces Board Space and Component Count
- Simplifies Circuit and System Designs
- Portables: For Battery Back−up Applications, also Simple Ni−CAD Battery Charging
- Industrial: Low Voltage Lighting Applications and Small Appliances
- Automotive: Tail Lights, Directional Lights, Back−up Light, Dome Light
The purpose of this evaluation board is to demonstrate the operation of the NUD4001 device for applications where the voltage difference between the input voltage and the LED's voltage is small (i.e. when a 12 V supply voltage is used to power up a LED array composed of three Luxeon 1 devices).