LM3409/Q/HV/QHV: PFET Buck Controller for High Power LED Drivers
The LM3409/09HV are P-channel MosFET (PFET) controllers for step-down (buck) current regulators. They offer wide input voltage range, high-side differential current sense with low adjustable threshold voltage, fast output enable/disable function and a thermally enhanced eMSOP-10 package. These features combine to make the LM3409/09HV ideal for use as constant current sources for driving LEDs where forward currents up to 5A are easily achievable. The LM3409/09Q/09HV/09QHV uses Constant Off-Time (COFT) control to regulate an accurate constant current without the need for external control loop compensation. Analog and PWM dimming are easy to implement and result in a highly linear dimming range with excellent achievable contrast ratios. Programmable UVLO, low-power shutdown, and thermal shutdown complete the feature set.
- LED Driver
- Constant Current Source
- Automotive Lighting
- General Illumination
- LM3409Q/LM3409QHV is an Automotive Grade product that is AEC-Q100 grade 1 qualified
- 2Ω, 1A Peak MosFET Gate Drive
- VIN Range: 6V to 42V (LM3409/LM3409Q)
- VIN Range: 6V to 75V (LM3409HV/LM3409QHV)
- Differential, High-side Current Sense
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- No Control Loop Compensation Required
- 10,000:1 PWM Dimming Range
- 250:1 Analog Dimming Range
- Supports All-Ceramic Output Capacitors and Capacitorless Outputs
- Low Power Shutdown
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Thermally Enhanced eMSOP-10 Package
- Dual Inline Package (LM3409N)
This demonstration board showcases the LM3409 PFET controller for a buck current regulator.
This evaluation board showcases the LM3409HV PFET controller for a buck current regulator.